There are no happy cats without happy volunteers! Each volunteer at our cat shelter is the soul of our organization, donating time, talent and commitment to give the cats the love and care they need. Get your kitty therapy at Happy Cats!
We are hiring!
If you’re one of our wonderful cat-loving volunteers (or thinking about becoming one!) and have thought about working for Happy Cats Haven, you’re in luck! We have a paid position available for Development Coordinator immediately.
We love our Happy Cats volunteers! If you are interested, here are a few basic requirements:
- Attend an orientation
- Be 18 years old or older (teens 12-17 can volunteer with parental supervision…or help us from home)
- Can commit to 8 hours of service per month
- Can commit to scheduled volunteer times
- Be able to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand for long periods while working directly with the cats
- Be able to work independently with limited supervision (after training)
Happy Cats Haven Volunteer Positions:
- Cat Care Team: socializing, cleaning colonies, behavior modification for TLC cats
- Adoption Team: help match cats with their adopters in-house or at fairs, or provide support for counselors
- Office Team: phone & email support, mailings, cat followups, etc.
- Events Team: assist with staffing events and representing Happy Cats to the public
- Transportation: taking cats/kittens to vet appts and/or to adoption fairs & events
- Donor Support Team: help nurture our donors through written, online & telephone connections
- Marketing Team: help create graphics and promotions for online marketing (graphics experience helpful)
- Crafting Team: make beds, blankets, toys etc for the cats or other crafting projects for the shelter
- Garden Team: help maintain our beautiful gardens
- Building Team: help with special projects for our building
- Medical Team: must have previous experience or currently attending vet tech school
- Teen Cat Corps: volunteer with parental/guardian supervision for socializing and/or play or clicker therapy
- TNR Team: care for outside cats by becoming a Colony Manager; help trap cats for surgeries; help distribute food to needy families
- Fostering: Please see our Feline Fosters program for an application
Want to volunteer at our cat shelter? Here’s how!
- Complete the Volunteer Application. The Volunteer Manager will be in touch with you.
- Attend an orientation scheduled by the Volunteer Manager.
- Attend a training session once you have chosen a volunteer position.
- Keep coming back to love on the cats!