Who are our foster cats?
While most of our cats come from owners who surrender them, most of our kittens are rescued from outside. Your Foster Manager or Foster Assistant are your most important resources. They will be the only ones who will assign foster cats or kittens to you. We try to base assignments on your preferences and living situation, so please let us know what you prefer.
Cats who need foster care fall into the following categories:
- Kittens too young to be spayed or neutered
- Orphaned kittens
- Neglected cats who need socialization and tender loving care
- Cats who would do better in a home than the shelter
- Injured cats
- Cats recovering from surgery or illness
- Mother cats with kittens
- Cats who need a temporary home when HCH is overcrowded