You’ve been looking around for a cat or a kitten. You find one on Craigslist or you go to other shelters. Then you come here, find the perfect friend and find out we’re pretty proud of our kittens & cats. What gives?
We think our cats and kittens are worth every penny of their adoption fees. Here’s why:
- They are as stress-free as we can make them, which makes them healthier & happier
- Lower stress also helps them show us their true personalities, so we can make the best match with you, the adopter
- They come with more:
- They (or a sibling or mother) have been tested for Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency viruses, two of the deadliest & most communicable feline diseases
- They are already spayed or neutered, helping to solve the problem of thousands of homeless cats & kittens in our region
- They come with at least one upper respiratory vaccination, two if they are kittens
- They are microchipped so they might be located if lost
- They have a food & litter starter kit that gets them off to a good start, whether you change their food or not
- They come with a free vet visit voucher for a well-kitty checkup to set them up in good health
- They support each other. Kitten fees are higher to support the time, supplies and nurturing that older cats sometimes need to get adopted.
- We think that getting something for free devalues him or her. All cats are living, feeling creatures who are worth more than a curb alert on Craigslist. If you can’t commit to an adoption fee, how are you going to commit to a cat’s expenses for the next 15-20 years?
- You can take all the time you need to decide on your next best feline friend at Happy Cats. Our comfortable home-like colonies set the cats at ease and will set you at ease too.
- The average price of veterinary bills for each cat or kitten is around $90. Our adoption fees help to offset that.
- Our cats come with behavior advice or referrals for life. If we can’t help to solve a behavior issue, we know someone who can.
- Our cats & kittens can be brought back for us to find a new home at any point. We want the best for them…and for you!